Friday, May 23, 2014

Chinese Green Beans



Chinese Green Beans…you know you’ve seen them at just about every Chinese restaurant and buffet. For years I never even tried them, and then one day when the kids and I were visiting friends in New York and we had gone to their favorite Chinese buffet, I decided to. They were crispy and delicious and I wondered why I had never given them a second glance before then. ;)

This recipe is so easy and quick, I’m almost ashamed to include it in this series on favorite Chinese dishes; I feel like I should be sharing something more involved and complicated. Well, I have more like that coming up, but for today we’ll wrap up the week with this extremely simple one.

This is a great dish to serve in addition to other Chinese recipes exactly because it’s so easy, and it’s the one you’ll do just about at the end of the others since it works up so quickly. And it’s all veggies!


First, wash the green beans and snap off the end where the beans were attached to the plant. I always like to call this the belly button. ;)

Peel and mince the garlic, or have it at the ready with a handy dandy garlic press, like I do.


In a skillet on medium heat, sauté the green beans in the toasted sesame oil for only about 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently. If you want to amp up the flavor, use hot chili toasted sesame oil; it's great!


Add the minced garlic and soy sauce and sauté for 1-2 more minutes, stirring continually.

Serve and enjoy! ~TMMF






Chinese Green Beans

1 lb green beans
2 Tbl toasted sesame oil
4 cloves garlic
2 Tbl soy sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment